Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

My Favorite Things - In Pictures!

I figure I should do a photo-list of some of my favorite things. Some are in Cincinnati, some are back home. All the pictures were taken over the last few years with my Canon point and shoot. Enjoy:


Animals:

Shelly - 11 years old. My favorite Calico. She's at my parent's house
Caley - 6 years old, I think. Also at my parent's house. I'm her favorite. When I'm at my parent's house she never leaves me and sleeps in the bed with me.
Ozzy - 3 years old. At the parent's house. Staffordshire Bull Terrier. The MOST energetic dog ever. And I'm allergic to his slobber.
Death Ray - 5 years old. My old roommate, Nick, and I got her when we lived on Euclid with some other guys. When she was a kitten, she would dart around the house and up and down the stairs. The name came from the fact that she seemed like she would take out anything in her path... like a death ray.
Maddy - 3 years old. Had her when Nick and I lived together. Two years ago, I gave her to my grandma. She is now much fatter.
 Plants (One of my new-found passions is horticulture):
             My mom's gardens:


           Krohn Conservatory:








Cincinnati: 
Downtown
West End and Queensgate with Union Terminal featured
Western Hills Viaduct
Fountain Square
Carew Tower - Where I currently work on the 28th and 29th floors
AND my beautiful girlfriend, Elyse
 New York City:
Chrysler Building from Empire State Building
Cincinnati in NYC
Grand Central Station
Church... can't remember which one now. St. Patrick's?

Hotel from Home Alone 
 Other:
BEER!!
Elyse at her 24th bday at Murphy's Pub in Clifton Heights. <3
I love urban 'ruins' - I spotted this in Eden Park.
Old Cincinnati Water Works building in Eden Park. I believe this building was the control building for the old reservoirs that were next door in the park.
Old retaining walls from the previously mentioned retaining walls.
Old wall that contained the lower reservoir.
Detail
This photo reminds me of something one might find in Rome or Greece.
Union Terminal - a beautiful art deco building. Formerly was the major train station for Cincinnati. Now houses the Cincinnati History Museum, Natural History Museum, Children's Museum, Cincinnati Historical Society, Omnimax Theatre, and Amtrak station with 3 day-per-week service with the Cardinal. Maybe someday we will see real passenger rail service return to this grand building
View from inside the rotunda. 
Nipper Stadium - one of the oldest college football stadiums in the country. Home of the University of Cincinnati Bearcats Football Team... and the Bearcat Bands


No comments:

Post a Comment